Sunday 18 September 2011

I found more info about sunglasses that looks good.

So there I was today, again not following my own advise. A few weeks back, I sat on my sunglasses (prescription ones b.t.w.), and had been delaying getting another pair. Its funny when the fall comes along, we all let our guard down when it comes to skin care, and sun damage. We figure that its not hot anymore - so how would I ever get a sun-burn? Well, I know quite a few people that that gotten bad sunburns right at this time. In fact, when I was in school, there was an informal Frisbee Football game organized, and some of the guys decided to go without shirts. Well guess who suffered the next day?

But we know know, that it is not just about sunburn, even a half hour in the right conditions can lead to skin damage. The best case scenario, temporary impact, but this can lead to leathery skin many years later or even skin cancer..... but I digress. back to the glasses story.

So, today was a really sunny day - not a cloud anywhere - and where do I find myself...? Walking along a sunny road in the country with no sunglasses, squinting to ensure that there is no oncoming traffic. When I got home, I realized that it was time to do some research. Since I broke my last pair myself, my insurance coverage is not good this time, but I've had crappy cheap glasses before, and want to make sure I can get some quality glasses this time.

I found this write up that describes a good common sense way of identifying the right glasses (by visiting local stores and doing the research), but then ordering the same (or in some cases better) glasses online.

So tomorrow, I'm off to the mall to do some research, and then I'll check out the online resource (with the good discounts on that site) to see what I come up with. I'll keep you posted!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment