Thursday 6 October 2011

Starting to Really Feel Fall Kicking-in

In spite of the weatherman's prophesy of great weather over the next 5 or 6 days (Canadian Thanksgiving included), I can really feel the bite of fall in the early mornings now. We are supposed to have lots of sun and temperatures up to 20C (~68-70F) over the next few days. This is very warm for here! Then at night it plumets down to 4 or 5C, and will probably even hit to near freezing very soon. This morning I looked out at the neighbour's house, and you can see the trees changing in the background, but also the flume of smoke from the gas furnace trying to take the early chill out of the day.
When the heating comes on at the beginning of the year, I can feel the moisture being sucked out of the air. This can make my skin very dry and irritated. After the first frost, things get a bit better because of the reduction of allergens in the air.... but then we get set for the deep freeze of winter.

I've put together this site that details some of the skin products I find useful in this climate. Of course there is my workhorse solution of Lifecell, but there are also a few companion products that I find useful as well.

There are lots of good articles out there to helo you choose the products that are right for you. A few articles to get you started off are here:

No comments:

Post a Comment